With the launch of its first watch in November 1974, Casio entered the wristwatch market at a time when the watch industry had just discovered digital technology. As a company with cutting-edge electronic technology developed for pocket calculators, Casio entered this field confident that it could develop timepieces that would lead the market.
Today, Casio is focusing its efforts on solar-powered radio-controlled watches: the built-in solar battery eliminates the nuisance of replacing batteries, atomic timekeeping means the users never have to reset the time. Recently, Casio launched a series of Bluetooth watches that sync to the users cell phone to automatically update the time. Casio is always moving time forward.
- Shock resistant, LED light with afterglow, 5 daily alarms
- World time, countdown timer
- Stopwatch, 12/24 hr formats
- Gemstone design on dial, shinny diamond cut bezel, arabic numerals
- Water resistant to 330 feet (100 M): suitable for snorkeling, as well as swimming, but not diving